There are a few rules to keep in mind to maintain eligibility for points:
- Your trip cost must be lower than your total Price to Beat, or your trip must be eligible for advance purchase points.
- Your Price to Beat must match your booked itinerary exactly.
- Trips must be booked within 24 hours of Price to Beat generation.
- The Price to Beat must be created before a trip is booked.
- Itineraries can't be out of policy.
- Your trip cost must be lower than your total Price to Beat, or your trip must be eligible for advance purchase points. Rewards for a trip are based on net savings across each travel mode, so the total cost of your trip needs to be under your Price to Beat in order to qualify for rewards.
- Your Price to Beat must match your booked itinerary exactly. This means that the locations, dates, and time parameters (if applicable) in your Price to Beat should match your itinerary exactly.
For flights, most companies' policy is that the airport in the Price to Beat must match the airport in the itinerary. This means if you generate a Price to Beat for HOU and fly out of IAH, your trip isn't eligible for points. Some cities have "umbrella codes" that will create a Price to Beat for all airports in a city. You can find a list of cities with umbrella codes here.
For hotels, most companies' policy is that the city in the Price to Beat must match the city in the itinerary. This means that if you generate a Price to Beat for Washington, DC, but stay in Silver Spring, MD, your trip isn't eligible for points. This policy is in place to prevent employees from going too far away from business obligations in order to save a little more.
For car rentals, you should generate your car Price to Beat for the nearest airport to your car pickup/dropoff location. For example, if you will be renting your car in Cherry Hill, NJ, your car rental Price to Beat should be for Philadelphia International Airport.
If your Price to Beat does not match your itinerary for a valid reason (adding personal travel before or after a business trip, driving instead of flying for part of a route, etc), please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before booking. The support team can make sure your plans comply with your company's policy, and update your Price to Beat so it maintains eligibility.
- Trips must be booked with 24 hours of Price to Beat generation. After 24 hours, your Price to Beat "expires" and must be refreshed on your employee dashboard. You can refresh your Price to Beat by clicking the "REFRESH" button on the relevant trip card. (See screenshot below.)
- The Price to Beat must be created before a trip is booked. Since Prices to Beat are based on real-time market prices, trips booked before you generate a Price to Beat are ineligible for points.
- Itineraries can't be out of policy. If your itinerary is marked "out of policy," you are not eligible for rewards.